RF passives and interconnect technology
For RF applications and interconnect technology we make examples like the ones below:
- Micro-machined micro-wave cavity filters:
– For frequencies above 20GHz
– Unloaded Q-factors ~1000
– Size ~1cm3
– Realized with MEMS precision, avoiding the need for tuning
- Submounts and interposers with 3D interconnects on:
– Using 3D-lithography in combination with advanced patterning of metal on substrates
– Also enabling 3D structures for inductors, transformers and balun
- Metal-Insulator Transition (MIT) materials:
– Offering attractive opportunities for power-limiting devices for RF front-end protection
– Combining new Thin Film process technologies
– Device architecture and microwave circuit design enable breakthrough results
– E.g. for phased array radar systems
Check out our other MEMS applications
MEMS applications are many. Organ-on-a-chip for example, where a human organ is reproduced in its most elementary form: microelectromechanical systems device. Several applications stand out, because of their promise and our capabilities.
Sustainable competitive advantage through custom MEMS devices. Check out our services in the MEMS & Micro Devices key area of expertise.
News & events
Increasingly complex ultra-high frequency IC chips demand state-of-the-art RF characterization, and Philips Engineering Solutions offers on wafer device characterization with powerful functionality.