In 2020 we helped Philips Netherlands in receiving an ISO 50001 certificate. During the project we learned in practice the multiple benefits of ISO 50001:
- Assists with current and/or future regulatory compliance e.g., EU Energy Efficiency Directive (EED);
- Puts into practice a framework for energy efficiency;
- Creates detailed insights in energy consumption and energy performance opportunities;
- Provides a systematic approach for the planning and evaluation of energy efficient technologies, for example changing to LED-lighting, using rest warmth;
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions;
- Increases transparency and awareness across organizational levels.