Industry 4.0 Robotics & Data Analytics
The world is changing rapidly, and that has a significant influence on the manufacturing industry too. Customers are more demanding than ever before, expecting fast delivery of the personalized goods they want. This requires flexible as well as local manufacturing of goods to avoid time-consuming transportation.
To achieve these objectives, a transformation is required: from standard mass manufacturing – often in a low-cost region – to flex manufacturing that is still fast and cost-competitive. Industry 4.0 technologies, including new ways of industrial automation and robotics, will enable this transformation – and Philips Engineering Solutions is here to support you on this journey and ensure your success.
The challenge manufacturers are facing with Industry 4.0
A key question manufacturers are asking is “How to increase productivity in flexible manufacturing?”
The answer will enable new, mass-customized products with short supply chains. The challenge is to transfer a robust, proven, cost-competitive but inflexible manufacturing line into an equally fast, robust, cost-competitive and flexible manufacturing one. It’s essential that this flexibility is achieved by keeping the associated total cost of ownership down.
In this respect, new manufacturing technologies such as advanced industrial automation and robotics and the strategic and in-depth use of Industry 4.0 data analytics needs to be implemented in a meaningful way to increase productivity and reduce costs.
We deliver the latest flex manufacturing technologies
At Philips Engineering Solutions we implement the latest industrial automation solutions including robotics and process automation to deliver reliable, industry-proven solutions for 24/7 flex manufacturing.
Our solutions will be integrated seamlessly into your existing manufacturing infrastructure. They incorporate:
- The collection of relevant data using the latest sensor technology
- Visual inspection systems
- Industry 4.0 data analytics
- Predictive maintenance analytics
- New manufacturing technologies such as 3D printed gripper or collaborative robots
Our approach to Industry 4.0 manufacturing systems
We firstly evaluate your specific situation so that we can identify the many opportunities that Industry 4.0 and industrial automation solutions can bring you. We look at your readiness for Industry 4.0 manufacturing using methods provided by the German Mechanical Engineering Industry Association (VDMA). This gives us a strong foundation from which to choose the latest and most relevant manufacturing technologies or the necessary development steps.
To have access to the latest industrial automation and robotics technology developments in both industry and research, we team up with leading industry partner and research institutes, for example the freeMoVe project on future flexible manufacturing solutions. This enables us to propose the most appropriate and specific technology for your needs.
To answer your question as to how to increase productivity in flexible manufacturing, our approach focuses on two main Industry 4.0 solutions:
- The use of advanced industrial automation and robotics to increase the flexibility and scalability of your production line with, for example, collaborative robots, flexible part feeding systems, flex manufacturing and flex automation. We design and develop robust industry-proven industrial automation solutions that can be integrated seamlessly into your total production line and increase its productivity. For more details, read about our automation equipment expertise.
- The analysis of your data management situation, to fully understand your Industry 4.0 data analytics and data management requirements. Usage of your production data is essential for quality control and line performance improvement, for example by predictive maintenance analytics. We will check your installed manufacturing base, equipment and processes from a data management point of view.
Spotlight on industrial automation and robotics
Check out our related services
You’re developing a new product, but do not have a clear idea how to produce it yet. How can you make sure the product is designed to be manufactured cost-effectively and reliably? And how can you introduce it into your factory? Do you need a customized production line or only a dedicated machine?